This is Why...
We are so passionate about the vision
Imagine one million people who decide not to give up—decide to press on because they’ve been energized, inspired and equipped for their calling. That’s our goal—to equip and inspire one million leaders through the Summit. But we can’t get there without you.
We have a good God who calls us to do hard things.
A week before I delivered my talk at The Global Leadership Summit in 2015, my world changed. I had to write the eulogy of my sweet sister who died suddenly.
A week later, I stood on the stage with my heart broken in pieces. At that moment, the last thing I wanted to do was stand on the stage and fulfill this God assignment and give a talk at the GLS.
But I didn’t yet appreciate God’s timing. This is why…
There was a leader in Pakistan who God wanted to say something to. Little did I know He wanted to use the message I gave that day.
As a pastor, watching my church die was really painful. I recently had a stroke, and my family was suffering due to my health. I was at the edge of giving up on God. I even tried suicide. I have been praying for the last two years, expecting God would do something supernatural in return for my prayers, and revive me. But nothing happened. I was at the edge of giving up on God.
Then I was given a brochure about the GLS. My travel and lodgings were sponsored for me, and that was a great help in my decision to attend. During Albert Tate’s session, tears started rolling down my cheeks. I watched the entire session with blurred focus, because I was crying the whole time.
A pastor sitting beside me, who I didn’t know, held my hand to comfort me. In that moment, God did something supernatural in me. I came back changed.
I came back to my church, and preached again that Sunday. After the service, a Muslim lady who had recently moved next door to my church, asked me to pray for her. After two days, she came back to our service and asked for prayer again. She was healed.
Before she left, she gave me an envelope that had the exact amount of money needed to run the church and provide salary to the church staff for a whole year! Praise God! She is a regular visitor to our service now and we are praying for her salvation.
I look at myself and look at what God has done, and I can only say thanks to God for working in mysterious ways. And thank you to the GLS.
I’ll be honest, as I read that letter for the first time, my first thought, as tears streamed down my face was, Wow, God is so amazing.
And then I laughed to myself and thought, After getting a letter like that, you’d think they’d invite me to speak again! Patrick Lencioni never saved anybody in Pakistan, and he’s here every year! What is up with that?!
But then I had a deeper, more spiritual, Godly thought.
We have a good God who calls us to do hard things. It’s humbling to know how God chooses to use talks given at the Summit to impact leaders around the world in ways we can never predict.
This is just one story of thousands.
This is why we are so passionate about the vision of the Global Leadership Network—imagine one million stories like these—one million people who, even in the face of great adversity, decide not to give up—decide to press on because they’ve been energized, inspired and equipped for their calling. That’s our goal— to equip and inspire one million leaders through the GLS. But we can’t get there without you.
Your generosity makes all the difference.
The GLS is hosted in more than 135 countries, and more than 50 percent of international sites cannot support the cost of their events through registrations alone. But we don’t think that should be a barrier to equipping and inspiring leaders. Your generosity and your prayer make the GLS possible in these communities.
The funding gap to fill by December 31st is $2,800,000. Will you prayerfully consider joining us this year with your giving plans? Whether you give a gift of $25 or $10,000, every gift really matters.
As we go forward, we are hopeful and prayerful of what God is doing and what God will do through the Summit—it’s life-changing. This is why your gift really matters.
Pastor, Fellowship Church & Board Member, Global Leadership Network
Hear More From Albert
Why He's so Passionate about the Global Leadership Network
Giving online today is the fastest and most efficient way to empower leaders all over the world. Donations made to the Global Leadership Development Fund are used to:
- Translate Summit content into 60+ languages
- Provide scholarships to Summit attendees who would not be able to participate otherwise
- Support local efforts to create safe Summit locations worldwide
- Equip, encourage and inspire leaders globally
Mail your gift to:
Global Leadership Network
P.O. Box 3188 Barrington, IL 60011
Make checks payable to the Global Leadership Network
Giving appreciated stock may have significant tax advantage for you. These assets are given to GLN at the current market value, regardless of the cost or basis of the donor, which avoids the capital gains. GLN will liquidate the gifts as soon as possible after the receipt. You will receive a letter from GLN describing your gift. This letter is your tax receipt. Your broker or The Wall Street Journal can supply market value. Please contact your tax professional for the specific impact on your situation.
If you hold the stock then sign and date the back of the certificate(s) and complete transferee section with:
Global Leadership Network
Use registered mail to send your certificate(s) to:
P.O. Box 3188
Barrington, IL 60010
Or call us at 800-570-9812 and ask for the Development office to arrange for personal delivery.
If the stock is held by your broker:
Transfer electronically to the Global Leadership Network’s account with RBC.
Account #: 7B802009
FBO: Global Leadership Network
Tax Identification #: 36-3799040
Once a transfer has been made, it is very important to contact us with the following information:
- Your name and address
- Name and number of shares transferred
- Purpose of the gift
In most cases, we are not notified of the transfer by your broker. Therefore, this information is required so that we can properly acknowledge your gift. Contact us by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing the information to 847-765-5046.
Many companies sponsor matching gift programs that will match charitable contributions made by their employees or even retirees and/or spouses. These programs are a great way for companies to support leadership development and a chance for you to double or even triple your gift.
Most companies have matching gift forms available through their personnel office that you fill out and mail to us. We do the rest! We will contact you and let you know that we received your information.
Please mail matching gift forms to:
Global Leadership Network
P.O. Box #3188
Barrington, IL 60011
Donor Advised Funds
National Christian Foundation >
Many donors prefer giving through a donor advised fund like National Christian Foundation. Use your NCF giving fund to contribute cash, stocks, real estate, or even a part of your business. Learn more about National Christian Foundation at:
Wills & Bequests
A bequest is the act of giving property by will. A bequest may be made in your will, living trust or with a codicil directing a gift to the Global Leadership Network.
Benefits of making a bequest
- A bequest is generally a revocable gift that can be changed or modified at any time
- You leave a lasting legacy for you and your family, and an enduring impact on the GLN
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family as bequests are exempt from federal estate taxes
Steps to make a bequest
- A bequest is an easy way to make an end-of-life gift to a nonprofit organization or ministry that is impacting the Kingdom.
- With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to be made to the GLN as part of your estate plan.
- You can bequest a specific dollar amount, specific real estate, specific personal property, a percentage of your estate, or the residue of your estate to family, and to the friends and organizations that matter most to you.
In order to make a bequest, you should speak to your attorney who can help you include a bequest to the GLN in your estate plan. The following is some simple bequest language to assist you and your attorney:
- I hereby give, devise and bequeath $ ______ to the Global Leadership Network, an Illinois 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in South Barrington, IL, Federal Tax ID # 36-3799040, for Global Leadership Network’s general use and purpose.
- I hereby give, devise and bequeath all of the right, title and interest in and to the real estate located at (list address or description of property) to the Global Leadership Network, an Illinois 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in South Barrington, IL, Federal Tax ID # 36-3799040, for Global Leadership Network’s general use and purpose.
- I hereby give, devise and bequeath (list description of personal property) to the Global Leadership Network, an Illinois 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in South Barrington, IL, Federal Tax ID # 36-3799040, for Global Leadership Network’s general use and purpose.
- I hereby give, devise and bequeath _____ percent (%) of my total estate, determined as of the date of my death, to the Global Leadership Network, an Illinois 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in South Barrington, IL, Federal Tax ID # 36-3799040, for Global Leadership Network’s general use and purpose.
- I hereby give, devise and bequeath to the Global Leadership Network, an Illinois 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in South Barrington, IL, Federal Tax ID # 36-3799040, all (or a percentage) of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate to be used for Global Leadership Network’s general use and purpose.
Please contact us if you have any questions about how to make a bequest to the Global Leadership Network. Our Development Department can be reached via email at email@example.com.
Please let us know if you have included the Global Leadership Network in your estate plans so that we can properly thank you for your generosity.