This is Why...
We are so passionate about the vision
Imagine one million people who decide not to give up—decide to press on because they’ve been energized, inspired and equipped for their calling. That’s our goal—to equip and inspire one million leaders through the Summit. But we can’t get there without you.
A Message from Tom De Vries
You probably give to many different causes throughout the year. The truth is, there are a ton of fantastic organizations out there doing amazing work. But if you ask, “What’s the most impactful use of my resources?” We would say, bet on Christ-centered leadership. Leaders are the change-makers who affect every cause, in every sector, in every country.
Take a moment and think about a cause you care deeply about.
Now think about the impact that could be made if local leaders were empowered and equipped to rise up and rally around that cause. That’s the impact of The Global Leadership Summit. And we’ve seen it time and time again. This is why we are so passionate about inspiring and equipping world-class leadership that ignites transformation globally.
I felt like God was speaking to me personally—He was calling me to another level of leadership.” —Aye Min
This is a common theme we hear from attendees around the world. And in Myanmar, it’s leadership journeys like pastor Aye Min’s that are capable of creating catalytic, countrywide, positive transformation. This is why…
Because of the challenge from God I received at the Summit, I got the privilege to multiply one church into 10 churches and train more leaders. I became a leader over leaders—a pastor over pastors. And the Lord has opened up the opportunity for me to meet with top leaders in government. They elected me as a district superintendent, where we have 162 churches in a Burmese-speaking area. I got the privilege to plan and think for the whole country!
Last year we gathered more than 20,000 people for a healing crusade with approval by the government. And this was the first time the government issued a religious visa for preaching. That’s never happened in the history of our country. Now you can go freely, and you can come as a preacher!
I’m so grateful for the GLN. My life and ministry have been transformed! Myanmar is now transforming into a democratic nation. So, the GLN has to reach farther. Now is the time for equipping leaders in Myanmar!
They Still Need You
Our Summit audience funded what became the first inter-church, multi-denominational leadership training event in Myanmar. With word-of-mouth marketing and events held underground, the GLS started to spread throughout the country. Over the years, Myanmar has opened up and the GLS is growing. As Aye Min said, now is the time to equip leaders—not just in Myanmar, but globally. Aye represents hundreds of thousands of leaders today who God strategically placed to bring transformation wherever they are. But they still need you. This is why…
Imagine one million stories like these—one million people who, even in the face of great adversity, decide not to give up—decide to press on because they’ve been energized, inspired and equipped for their calling. That’s our goal—to equip and inspire one million leaders through the GLS. But we can’t get there without you.
Your generosity makes all the difference.
The GLS is hosted in more than 135 countries, but more than 50 percent of international sites cannot support the cost of their events through registrations alone. We don’t think that should be a barrier to equipping and inspiring leaders.
Every gift matters, whether you give a gift of $25 or $500. Your gift will be used to ignite positive transformation through leadership globally.
Imagine the stories we will hear years from now of God blessing your investment in leaders around the world! This is why your gift matters.
Tom De Vries
President, Global Leadership Network
Giving online today is the fastest and most efficient way to empower leaders all over the world. Donations made to the Global Leadership Development Fund are used to:
- Translate Summit content into 60+ languages
- Provide scholarships to Summit attendees who would not be able to participate otherwise
- Support local efforts to create safe Summit locations worldwide
- Equip, encourage and inspire leaders globally
Mail your gift to:
Global Leadership Network
P.O. Box 3188 Barrington, IL 60011
Make checks payable to the Global Leadership Network
Giving appreciated stock may have significant tax advantage for you. These assets are given to GLN at the current market value, regardless of the cost or basis of the donor, which avoids the capital gains. GLN will liquidate the gifts as soon as possible after the receipt. You will receive a letter from GLN describing your gift. This letter is your tax receipt. Your broker or The Wall Street Journal can supply market value. Please contact your tax professional for the specific impact on your situation.
If you hold the stock then sign and date the back of the certificate(s) and complete transferee section with:
Global Leadership Network
Use registered mail to send your certificate(s) to:
P.O. Box 3188
Barrington, IL 60010
Or call us at 800-570-9812 and ask for the Development office to arrange for personal delivery.
If the stock is held by your broker:
Transfer electronically to the Global Leadership Network’s account with RBC.
Account #: 7B802009
FBO: Global Leadership Network
Tax Identification #: 36-3799040
Once a transfer has been made, it is very important to contact us with the following information:
- Your name and address
- Name and number of shares transferred
- Purpose of the gift
In most cases, we are not notified of the transfer by your broker. Therefore, this information is required so that we can properly acknowledge your gift. Contact us by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing the information to 847-765-5046.
Many companies sponsor matching gift programs that will match charitable contributions made by their employees or even retirees and/or spouses. These programs are a great way for companies to support leadership development and a chance for you to double or even triple your gift.
Most companies have matching gift forms available through their personnel office that you fill out and mail to us. We do the rest! We will contact you and let you know that we received your information.
Please mail matching gift forms to:
Global Leadership Network
P.O. Box #3188
Barrington, IL 60011
Donor Advised Funds
National Christian Foundation >
Many donors prefer giving through a donor advised fund like National Christian Foundation. Use your NCF giving fund to contribute cash, stocks, real estate, or even a part of your business. Learn more about National Christian Foundation at:
Wills & Bequests
A bequest is the act of giving property by will. A bequest may be made in your will, living trust or with a codicil directing a gift to the Global Leadership Network.
Benefits of making a bequest
- A bequest is generally a revocable gift that can be changed or modified at any time
- You leave a lasting legacy for you and your family, and an enduring impact on the GLN
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family as bequests are exempt from federal estate taxes
Steps to make a bequest
- A bequest is an easy way to make an end-of-life gift to a nonprofit organization or ministry that is impacting the Kingdom.
- With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to be made to the GLN as part of your estate plan.
- You can bequest a specific dollar amount, specific real estate, specific personal property, a percentage of your estate, or the residue of your estate to family, and to the friends and organizations that matter most to you.
In order to make a bequest, you should speak to your attorney who can help you include a bequest to the GLN in your estate plan. The following is some simple bequest language to assist you and your attorney:
- I hereby give, devise and bequeath $ ______ to the Global Leadership Network, an Illinois 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in South Barrington, IL, Federal Tax ID # 36-3799040, for Global Leadership Network’s general use and purpose.
- I hereby give, devise and bequeath all of the right, title and interest in and to the real estate located at (list address or description of property) to the Global Leadership Network, an Illinois 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in South Barrington, IL, Federal Tax ID # 36-3799040, for Global Leadership Network’s general use and purpose.
- I hereby give, devise and bequeath (list description of personal property) to the Global Leadership Network, an Illinois 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in South Barrington, IL, Federal Tax ID # 36-3799040, for Global Leadership Network’s general use and purpose.
- I hereby give, devise and bequeath _____ percent (%) of my total estate, determined as of the date of my death, to the Global Leadership Network, an Illinois 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in South Barrington, IL, Federal Tax ID # 36-3799040, for Global Leadership Network’s general use and purpose.
- I hereby give, devise and bequeath to the Global Leadership Network, an Illinois 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in South Barrington, IL, Federal Tax ID # 36-3799040, all (or a percentage) of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate to be used for Global Leadership Network’s general use and purpose.
Please contact us if you have any questions about how to make a bequest to the Global Leadership Network. Our Development Department can be reached via email at email@example.com.
Please let us know if you have included the Global Leadership Network in your estate plans so that we can properly thank you for your generosity.