Inspire Transformation Through Leadership Globally
When you give to The Global Leadership Development Fund, your gift inspires and equips Christian leaders, facilitating transformation in some of the world’s most challenging environments.
Influence a Leader, Better a Nation
We are so grateful that you are a part of a community of leaders who seek to bring transformation to our world. You are the real heroes who give us reason to host The Global Leadership Summit each year.
It would be an understatement to say that this has been a challenging year. And yet, the ministry continues to have an impact globally, witnessed in the outcome of what you and others do through your influence. God continues to pour out His favor. More than 120,000 people attended the Summit in the United States, and an additional 270,000+ attendees are expected in 135+ countries!
Looking forward to the future of this ministry, we’re reminded that God is still in control. We know that as long as God continues to bless these efforts, the Summit will continue to bless lives across the globe. Our vision is still to one day reach more than 1,000,000 people. Only God!
Would you prayerfully consider your year-end donation to the Global Leadership Development Fund?
Your gift will be used to provide leaders in under-resourced regions access to the skills, inspiration and encouragement they hunger for to help them transform their churches, communities and cities. When Christians lead well, we can be a formidable force for good and a beacon of light that moves searching hearts to find Christ.
Your gift today will:
- Strengthen churches, families and businesses
- Provide solutions to poverty, injustice and corruption
- Increase unity, evangelism and hope
- Encourage, equip and inspire Christian influencers globally
Impact by the numbers
The independent research firm Excellence in Giving says that investing in the Summit is one of the most fruitful investments you can make and grace in their communities and around the world.
The amount it costs to sponsor a single leader to attend the GLS
The number of Summit sites around the world with people who now have access to world-class leadership content.
The cost to translate the GLS into a single language. We currently translate GLS into 60 languages a year.
The number of countries where the GLS is now available to the leaders who need it most
1,300 Leaders Trained, 14,000 People in Relationship with Jesus, 100's of Children Out of PovertyEddy Morales
Respect for the Practice of the Muslim Faith Leads to a Request for the Summit in ZanzibarMbutho Chibwaye
The Gift of Leadership Transforms Nations
Greetings from Uganda! Tubalamusiza mulinyalay Yesu! On behalf of all the leaders taking part in The Global Leadership Summit around the world this fall, I want to thank you for the annual support through the Global Leadership Development Fund.Keep reading ›
FOLLOW THE MOVEMENTGlobal Impact
Africa / Middle East
The GLS is providing accessible and affordable leadership development tools and resources to African leaders facing immense challenges and complexities. Under God’s hand, churches in Africa are growing. The church in Africa not only has responsibility for spiritual growth; it is being challenged to provide resources to combat the overwhelming realities of poverty, HIV/AIDS, political corruption, and the rapidly-growing influx and impact of Islam. Christian leaders in the Middle East face oppression and even persecution as the minority in their countries, but their passion for Christ grows. Leadership development, encouragement, and unity are critical in this environment in order to transform their communities for Christ.
Christian leaders in Asia are seeking fresh strategies to increase the spread of the Gospel across their nations. The densely populated regions of Asia present a complex patchwork of cultural and religious diversity. As a result, corrupt and oppressive governments, poverty and religious restriction are evident. Christians are the minority in most of Asia, but their passion for building the Kingdom is great in spite of oppression and even persecution. The GLS provides access to Christian leadership resources that are otherwise limited.
Godly leadership development opportunities are critical in this era of Eastern Europe’s church history. Christians have seen the near death of the Church, and are realizing that in order to bring the church back to life, and transform their countries, that leadership development, encouragement and unity are required. The community of leaders in Western Europe is committed to advancing the Kingdom of God on earth throughout Europe. They believe it is their responsibility to help fuel the passion and sharpen leadership skills in an effort to create the future God has imagined for Western Europe, and beyond.
Leaders in Latin America realize the critical need for leadership development to transform their communities. They don’t just see poverty, division, inequality and corruption in their communities—they see opportunity for change, unity and lives reached for Christ. The GLS is equipping them to lead in this transformation. Pray for these leaders as they seek to change the outcome for their countries and build on a new vision for the future—where the poor are cared for, the hungry are fed, integrity is valued, people are healed, peace is realized and lives are changed by love.
Christ-centered leadership is critical to advancing the Kingdom of God in New Zealand, Australia, and Papua New Guinea. We believe that the Church is at the center of this plan. However, the influence and impact of the church is felt most fully when everyone that’s a part of a church is fully living out the life God has called them to live. This includes leaders from business, government, education, non-profits and multiple others spheres of influence. Pray for the GLS in Oceania, and each leader that will attend. Pray that they would be encouraged, inspired, and trained to as they seek to expand the Kingdom of God on earth.
The Global Leadership Summit is a two-day event that is telecast LIVE from Willow’s campus near Chicago every August to more than 600 locations in North America, including churches, prisons, inner city sites, and to various language groups. Throughout the fall, Summit events take place in an additional 875+ cities, 135+ countries—translated into more than 60 languages.
YOUR GIFT IS CRITICALWays to Give
Giving online today is the fastest and most efficient way to empower leaders all over the world. Donations made to Global Leadership Development Fund are used to:
- Translate Summit content into 60 languages
- Provide scholarships to Summit attendees who would not be able to participate otherwise
- Support local efforts to create safe Summit locations world-wide
- To Equip, Inspire and Encourage leaders globally
Mail your gift to:
Willow Creek Association
P.O. Box 3188 Barrington, IL 60011
Make checks payable to Willow Creek Association
Giving appreciated stock may have significant tax advantage for you. These assets are given to WCA at the current market value, regardless of the cost or basis of the donor, which avoids the capital gains. WCA will liquidate the gifts as soon as possible after the receipt. You will receive a letter from WCA describing your gift. This letter is your tax receipt. Your broker or The Wall Street Journal can supply market value. Please contact your tax professional for the specific impact on your situation.
If you hold the stock then sign and date the back of the certificate(s) and complete transferee section with:
Willow Creek Association
Use registered mail to send your certificate(s) to:
P.O. Box 3188
Barrington, IL 60010
Or call us at 800-570-9812 and ask for the Development office to arrange for personal delivery.
If the stock is held by your broker:
Transfer electronically to Willow Creek Association’s account with RBC.
Account #: 7B802009
FBO: Willow Creek Association
Tax Identification #: 36-3799040
Once a transfer has been made, it is very important to contact us with the following information:
- Your name and address
- Name and number of shares transferred
- Purpose of the gift
In most cases, we are not notified of the transfer by your broker. Therefore, this information is required so that we can properly acknowledge your gift. Contact us by sending an email at email@example.com or faxing the information to 847-765-5046.
Many companies sponsor matching gift programs that will match charitable contributions made by their employees or even retirees and/or spouses. These programs are a great way for companies to support leadership development and a chance for you to double or even triple your gift.
Most companies have matching gift forms available through their personnel office that you fill out and mail to us. We do the rest! We will contact you and let you know that we received your information.
Please mail matching gift forms to:
Willow Creek Association
P.O. Box #3188
Barrington, IL 60011
Donor Advised Funds
National Christian Foundation >
Many donors prefer giving through a donor advised fund like National Christian Foundation. Use your NCF giving fund to contribute cash, stocks, real estate, or even a part of your business. Learn more about National Christian Foundation at:
Wills & Bequests
A bequest is the act of giving property by will. A bequest may be made in your will, living trust or with a codicil directing a gift to the Willow Creek Association (WCA).
Benefits of making a bequest
- A bequest is generally a revocable gift that can be changed or modified at any time
- You leave a lasting legacy for you and your family, and an enduring impact on the WCA
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family as bequests are exempt from federal estate taxes
Steps to make a bequest
- A bequest is an easy way to make an end-of-life gift to a nonprofit organization or ministry that is impacting the Kingdom.
- With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to be made to the Willow Creek Association as part of your estate plan.
- You can bequest a specific dollar amount, specific real estate, specific personal property, a percentage of your estate, or the residue of your estate to family, and to the friends and organizations that matter most to you.
In order to make a bequest, you should speak to your attorney who can help you include a bequest to the Willow Creek Association in your estate plan. The following is some simple bequest language to assist you and your attorney:
- I hereby give, devise and bequeath $ ______ to the Willow Creek Association, an Illinois 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in South Barrington, IL, Federal Tax ID # 36-3799040, for Willow Creek Association’s general use and purpose.
- I hereby give, devise and bequeath all of the right, title and interest in and to the real estate located at (list address or description of property) to the Willow Creek Association, an Illinois 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in South Barrington, IL, Federal Tax ID # 36-3799040, for Willow Creek Association’s general use and purpose.
- I hereby give, devise and bequeath (list description of personal property) to the Willow Creek Association, an Illinois 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in South Barrington, IL, Federal Tax ID # 36-3799040, for Willow Creek Association’s general use and purpose.
- I hereby give, devise and bequeath _____ percent (%) of my total estate, determined as of the date of my death, to the Willow Creek Association, an Illinois 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in South Barrington, IL, Federal Tax ID # 36-3799040, for Willow Creek Association’s general use and purpose.
- I hereby give, devise and bequeath to the Willow Creek Association, an Illinois 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in South Barrington, IL, Federal Tax ID # 36-3799040, all (or a percentage) of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate to be used for Willow Creek Association’s general use and purpose.
Please contact Steven Young, Chief Relationship Officer, if you have any questions about how to make a bequest to the Willow Creek Association. Steven can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and at 224-512-1108.
Please let us know if you have included the Willow Creek Association in your estate plans so that we can properly thank you for your generosity.