How is your work different from that of other, similar charities?
The Global Leadership Network (GLN) is different in that our goal is to equip, encourage and inspire everyone, in whatever their sphere of influence, no matter their status or economic means—It is the only global Christian leadership movement of its kind, reaching more than 400,000 people annually. We provide the tools and incentive that spur on hundreds of thousands of people to ignite change wherever they are, whether that’s at home, in the local church, in the marketplace, education or in government. Transformation starts with leadership. Through leadership we can provide solutions to poverty, corruption and injustice in our world. We can strengthen churches, families and businesses. We can increase unity, evangelism and hope. Ultimately, we can equip Christians to maximize their leadership potential to impact the world.
What have you accomplished?
Since 1995, the GLN has transformed the lives of millions of people in all sectors of society with fresh, actionable and inspiring leadership content. The ripple effect of that transformation has reached those in the highest levels of government, businesses and even prisons in more than 135 countries. Story after story of families, churches and communities getting better—all because a leader got better. Your continued prayers and partnership will expand the impact globally into regions of the world that desperately need it.
Why should I support your work?
Because leadership matters. Everything rises and falls on leadership—whether it’s in the marketplace, education, non-profit organizations and more. The surest way to change our broken world is to have those in charge leading with integrity, vision and humility. We see first-hand that countries are changing because for the very first time, leaders are being taught biblical leadership. Servant leaders pour into others, expand their influence and inspire others to live with purpose. And everyone wins! The impact is felt from family rooms to boardrooms, and from pulpits to city halls.
How will this make a difference?
Every family, church, business, school, government and organization that is led with excellent leadership principles will produce results and develop morals resulting in a better standard of living. Our world can truly be radically transformed with better leadership. We’ve seen it happen in 135 countries. But there’s more work to be done as our current reach of 405,000 attendees means we’re just getting started. We visualize millions of people being transformed around the globe because leaders got better.
What is your statement on financial accountability?
We believe the Lord supplies us with resources for ministry through individual contributions, and we recognize our accountability both to Him and to our donors. We have a responsibility to be faithful stewards and to maintain integrity and openness in our financial practices. The Global Leadership Network is accredited by the ECFA. Click here to view our 2019 Annual Report.
Inspire Vision & Ignite Transformation
Equip and inspire people to stand up and lead positive change. Become part of the unfolding story to reach a million people with world-class leadership development tools and encouragement. Your gift of any size makes all the difference. Every penny matters.
Leadership Changes Everything
Everything rises and falls with leadership. Great leaders bring out the best in us. But sadly, the opposite is also true. Poor leaders can destroy potential and livelihoods.
But there is a solution. If we truly believe leadership changes everything, we better get busy! Transformed people transforming others, using their influence and leadership for good, is the way we’re going to see change ripple out across the world—starting in our homes, then in our churches, businesses, governments, schools, hospitals, prisons, communities and our countries. Will you join us on this journey?
100 Million Lives Transformed
The vision of the Global Leadership Network is to reach 1 million people who will use their influence for good and then in turn transform the lives of 100 million more.
- What if there were GLS events everywhere—from churches, businesses and community centers, to schools, prisons and homeless shelters—in every city, in every country?
- What if there were hundreds of thousands more people —including youth— engaging with the Summit whenever, however and wherever it makes the most sense for them?
- What if we reached people in every language here in the U.S. and around the world so that folks can experience these powerful leadership insights in their own language?
New growth is going to require an all-out effort from all of us—it also requires equipment, technology, volunteers, staff and additional resources. This is where you come in. Will you join us to become part of the unfolding story to reach a million people with world-class leadership development tools and encouragement? Your gift of any size makes all the difference. Every penny matters.
YOUR GIFT IS CRITICALWays to Give
Giving online today is the fastest and most efficient way to empower leaders all over the world. Donations made to Global Leadership Development Fund are used to:
- Translate Summit content into 60 languages
- Provide scholarships to Summit attendees who would not be able to participate otherwise
- Support local efforts to create safe Summit locations world-wide
- Equip, encourage and inspire leaders globally
Mail your gift to:
Global Leadership Network
P.O. Box 3188 Barrington, IL 60011
Make checks payable to Willow Creek Association
Giving appreciated stock may have significant tax advantage for you. These assets are given to GLN at the current market value, regardless of the cost or basis of the donor, which avoids the capital gains. GLN will liquidate the gifts as soon as possible after the receipt. You will receive a letter from GLN describing your gift. This letter is your tax receipt. Your broker or The Wall Street Journal can supply market value. Please contact your tax professional for the specific impact on your situation.
If you hold the stock then sign and date the back of the certificate(s) and complete transferee section with:
Global Leadership Network
Use registered mail to send your certificate(s) to:
P.O. Box 3188
Barrington, IL 60010
Or call us at 800-570-9812 and ask for the Development office to arrange for personal delivery.
If the stock is held by your broker:
Transfer electronically to the Global Leadership Network’s account with RBC.
Account #: 7B802009
FBO: Global Leadership Network
Tax Identification #: 36-3799040
Once a transfer has been made, it is very important to contact us with the following information:
- Your name and address
- Name and number of shares transferred
- Purpose of the gift
In most cases, we are not notified of the transfer by your broker. Therefore, this information is required so that we can properly acknowledge your gift. Contact us by sending an email at email@example.com or faxing the information to 847-765-5046.
Many companies sponsor matching gift programs that will match charitable contributions made by their employees or even retirees and/or spouses. These programs are a great way for companies to support leadership development and a chance for you to double or even triple your gift.
Most companies have matching gift forms available through their personnel office that you fill out and mail to us. We do the rest! We will contact you and let you know that we received your information.
Please mail matching gift forms to:
Global Leadership Network
P.O. Box #3188
Barrington, IL 60011
Donor Advised Funds
National Christian Foundation >
Many donors prefer giving through a donor advised fund like National Christian Foundation. Use your NCF giving fund to contribute cash, stocks, real estate, or even a part of your business. Learn more about National Christian Foundation at:
Wills & Bequests
A bequest is the act of giving property by will. A bequest may be made in your will, living trust or with a codicil directing a gift to the Global Leadership Network.
Benefits of making a bequest
- A bequest is generally a revocable gift that can be changed or modified at any time
- You leave a lasting legacy for you and your family, and an enduring impact on the GLN
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family as bequests are exempt from federal estate taxes
Steps to make a bequest
- A bequest is an easy way to make an end-of-life gift to a nonprofit organization or ministry that is impacting the Kingdom.
- With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to be made to the GLN as part of your estate plan.
- You can bequest a specific dollar amount, specific real estate, specific personal property, a percentage of your estate, or the residue of your estate to family, and to the friends and organizations that matter most to you.
In order to make a bequest, you should speak to your attorney who can help you include a bequest to the GLN in your estate plan. The following is some simple bequest language to assist you and your attorney:
- I hereby give, devise and bequeath $ ______ to the Global Leadership Network, an Illinois 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in South Barrington, IL, Federal Tax ID # 36-3799040, for Global Leadership Network’s general use and purpose.
- I hereby give, devise and bequeath all of the right, title and interest in and to the real estate located at (list address or description of property) to the Global Leadership Network, an Illinois 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in South Barrington, IL, Federal Tax ID # 36-3799040, for Global Leadership Network’s general use and purpose.
- I hereby give, devise and bequeath (list description of personal property) to the Global Leadership Network, an Illinois 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in South Barrington, IL, Federal Tax ID # 36-3799040, for Global Leadership Network’s general use and purpose.
- I hereby give, devise and bequeath _____ percent (%) of my total estate, determined as of the date of my death, to the Global Leadership Network, an Illinois 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in South Barrington, IL, Federal Tax ID # 36-3799040, for Global Leadership Network’s general use and purpose.
- I hereby give, devise and bequeath to the Global Leadership Network, an Illinois 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in South Barrington, IL, Federal Tax ID # 36-3799040, all (or a percentage) of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate to be used for Global Leadership Network’s general use and purpose.
Please contact us if you have any questions about how to make a bequest to the Global Leadership Network. Our Development Department can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let us know if you have included the Global Leadership Network in your estate plans so that we can properly thank you for your generosity.