Craig Groeschel’s Top 25 Leadership Quotes—GLS21 Faculty SpotlightPublished March 18, 2021
TOPICS IN THIS ARTICLECallingCharacterConfidenceInfluenceLeadership DevelopmentLeading OthersLeading YourselfResilienceVision
If you’ve been to The Global Leadership Summit before, Craig Groeschel is a very recognizable name, having been in our premier faculty lineup seven times, with this year being his 8th! Traveling the world as the champion of The Global Leadership Summit, we have also been honored to partner with Craig to build leaders in every sector of society.
The decisions you make today will determine the stories you tell tomorrow.
Globally recognized as a leader of leaders, Craig is the founder and senior pastor of Life.Church, rated the #1 place to work in 2020 for small and mid-size companies by Glassdoor. Known for their missional approach to leveraging the latest technology, Life.Church is the innovative creator of the YouVersion Bible App—downloaded in every country worldwide.
Highlighting Craig’s church’s ability to pivot and embrace opportunity in the face of the unexpected, in 2020, Life.Church provided and continues to provide free tools, via their Church Online Platform, to thousands of churches who quickly transitioned to a virtual church experience in the wake of the global health pandemic.
There is so much to learn from Craig Groeschel, especially on how to change your mindset, embrace opportunity and lead through difficult seasons.
The countless nuggets of leadership wisdom he’s shared over the years have helped shape organizations, churches and individuals for the better.
Here are the 25 quotes from Craig Groeschel:
- People would rather follow a leader that is real than one that is always right.
- When you delegate tasks, you create followers. When you delegate authority, you create leaders.
- Most leaders are trying to figure out the right strategy. The best leaders are obsessed with empowering the right people.
- As leaders, we may teach what we know, but we reproduce who we are!
- Unity is not the same as conformity. We have strength in our diversity.
- Your life is too valuable, your calling too great, and your God too awesome to waste your life on what doesn’t matter.
- You can have control or you have growth, but you cannot have both.
- Talent can get you to the top. Only character will keep you there.
- Don’t try to copy what people do, learn how they think.
- As followers of Jesus, we don’t just go to church, we are the Church.
- The decisions you make today will determine the stories you tell tomorrow.
- The strength of the organization is reflected by how deep into the organization people have the ability to say yes.
- You may be one relationship away from changing the course of your destiny.
- The difference between a good leader and a great leader is one who learns to anticipate rather than react.
- Respect is earned but honor is given.
- You are not who others say you are. You are who God says you are.
- If your character is not strengthening, your future is weakening.
- How bad you want something determines what you will do to get it.
- If prayer isn’t necessary to accomplish your plans, you aren’t thinking big enough.
- How you live reflects the reality of what you really believe.
- Don’t let your “self-talk” talk you out of what God has called you to do.
- When the leader lacks confidence, the team lacks commitment.
- The path to public success is always paved with private discipline.
- One of the greatest enemies of confidence is comparison.
- God didn’t call me to be important, He called me to be faithful.
Get your tickets and mark your calendars to join us LIVE on Thursday and Friday, August 5-6, 2021 for The Global Leadership Summit—the premier leadership event of the year! Not only will you have a chance to hear from Craig Groeschel, but he will also be joined by an incredible faculty lineup including Dr. Henry Cloud, Juliet Funt, Malcolm Gladwell and many others!
This is a great opportunity for you to get equipped with the leadership skills you need to thrive!
Never miss an inspiring leadership insight or the latest leadership news!
About the Author
Globally recognized as a leader of leaders, Craig Groeschel is the founder and senior pastor of Life.Church, rated the #1 place to work in 2020 for small and mid-size companies by Glassdoor. Known for their missional approach to leveraging the latest technology, Life.Church is the innovative creator of the YouVersion Bible App.—downloaded in every country worldwide. In 2020, Life.Church provided free tools to thousands of churches who quickly transitioned to a virtual church experience in the wake of the global health pandemic. Traveling the world as a champion of The Global Leadership Summit, Groeschel advocates for building leaders in every sector of society. He is also the host of the top-ranked Craig Groeschel Leadership Podcast. A New York Times best-selling author, his latest book is Winning the War in Your Mind: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life.
The Global Leadership Network is a community committed to learning from each other and using our influence to accomplish God’s purposes on earth. No matter where your influence is, when you commit to grow your leadership, everyone around you wins—businesses work for good, communities are transformed and churches thrive! Both global and diverse, our network includes partners in 1,400+ cities and 135+ countries. We are committed to deliver fresh, actionable and inspiring leadership content both at The Global Leadership Summit, and year-round through our digital platforms.