Top 10 Things You Can Do to Prepare for #GLS17
We’re just one week away! On August 10-11, hundreds of thousands of us will gather together for the 2017 Global Leadership Summit. At 600+ North American host sites, volunteers are preparing facilities, processing registrations and stocking resource centers.
There’s a buzz in the air. And we come back to the question, “What is God going to do this time?”
So put the final touches on that work project. Place that “out of office” message on your email. And in the midst of your to-do list over the next week, try to take a little time to prepare yourself for what you are about to experience.
Here are the Top 10 Things You Can Do to Prepare for #GLS17:
- Add a daily prayer this week: “God, prepare my heart to hear the message you need me to hear at the Summit. Guide me to know where to focus my growth for the next leadership season.”
- Watch an episode of The Profit on CNBC or on demand on Yahoo. On one of CNBC’s highest rated programs, Marcus Lemonis lends his business expertise to struggling companies. (We like this episode on Flex Watches.) What key elements mark a successful business? His answers may surprise you.
- Assess yourself on the Grit Scale. Angela Duckworth will be helping us understand this essential intangible for leaders. Get ready to learn from her session that will help us understand the qualities necessary for “grit” and how we can develop it in ourselves and our team.
- Rate the effectiveness of your last performance review. On a scale of 1-10, how helpful was it? Marcus Buckingham has conducted research with hundreds of thousands of employees in some of America’s top businesses—and he has a better solution.
- Download the GLS17 app (Download Free Here). Get speaker biographies, the daily schedule, speaker polls, order speaker books and DVDs, save and share session notes, register for 2018 Summit, and more!
- Download the GLSnext app (Download Free Here). For year-round leadership development, GLSnext provides more than 700 videos from world-class Summit faculty with new videos added each week.
- Take out your journal and make a list. Brainstorm the list of the projects on your plate that call for creative problem-solving. Most of us would be surprised to learn that creativity is considered a vital business skill in today’s competitive environment. We’ll learn more about from Fredrik Hären on Thursday.
- Read Martin Luther King’s I Have a Dream Speech. One of the GLS faculty will draw out a leadership principle from MLK’s life. Which speaker? We’ll let that be a surprise!
- Juliet Funt: Take out your calendar. Go to Monday August 14 on your calendar and block out two or three hours. Trust us on this. This “Whitespace Tip” will help reflect deeply on your learning and amplify your experience. Watch this video by Juliet Funt to learn more about this Monday-After technique.
- Join the conversation on social media. Follow @wcagls on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Tweet, post and share about your experience, and connect with Summit enthusiasts all across the globe! This year’s official hashtag is #GLS17.
See you at the Summit . . .
We welcome and encourage comments on this site. There may be some instances where comments will need to be edited or removed, such as:
- Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional in nature
- Comments not relevant to the topic
- Comments containing profane, offensive, or abusive language
- Anonymous comments
If you have any questions on the commenting policy, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equip, encourage & inspire global leaders with a gift today
When you give to the Global Leadership Development Fund, your gift inspires and equips Christian leaders, facilitating transformation in some of the world’s most challenging environments.