6 Leadership Themes to Expect at The Global Leadership Summit 2018
TOPICS IN THIS NEWS UPDATENorth America
The anticipation and excitement is building. We are just 7 weeks away from The Global Leadership Summit 2018!
As you prepare to join us for GLS18, we know you’re wondering, “What fresh, actionable leadership content will I walk away with this year?” Each year, the GLS faculty bring world-class content to equip you with clear next steps on how to become the leader God created you to be.
Here are 6 leadership themes you can expect at the Summit this year…
1) Leading with Relational Intelligence
Every great leader understands that relational intelligence is key to getting work done.
- Sheila Heen will guide us through a process to navigate difficult conversations on our teams.
- David Livermore will share his research on how leaders can relate effectively across diverse situations.
- Apple’s Angela Ahrendts, who recently toured the world meeting Apple employees, will explain her conviction that empathy is an essential quality to great leadership.
2) Maximizing Your Time and Potential
You have been given a high calling as a leader. Are you maximizing your time and potential to make your greatest possible impact?
- Rory Vaden will present his unique approach to time management.
- Carla Harris will share wisdom on how to achieve your potential and become the leader you were created to be.
- John C. Maxwell will outline how to maximize your impact as a high-character leader in our world today.
3) Creating a Positive Culture
Fantastic leaders know the value of crafting an intentional culture in their organization.
- Restauranteur Danny Meyer will share his unique perspective on creating a customer-focused culture.
- Danielle Strickland will discuss the challenges associated with power dynamics in organizational culture.
- Dr. Nthabiseng Legoete will inspire us to create a culture focused on people.
4) Identifying Future Opportunities
Strategic leaders are forward-thinking—intentionally identifying cultural trends and opportunities on their organizational horizon.
- Craig Groeschel will teach us what it means to be a leader who prepares for the future instead of reacting to it.
- Strive Masiyiwa, founder of Econet (one of Africa’s largest telecommunications companies), will help us learn what it means to be a leader who perseveres to fight for the future of our world.
- Erwin McManus will help us discover what it means to lead a life that matters and how great leaders intentionally build the future.
5) Building Enduring Organizations
If we truly want to create positive and lasting impact in our world, we must discover how to build organizations that endure the test of time.
- Rasmus Ankersen will bring to light the mindset cultivated by successful brands to create sustainable success in our organizations.
- Simon Sinek will share brand new content from his book, The Infinite Game, challenging us with a deceptively simple question: How do you stay ahead in a game with no end?
6) Understanding Your Life Purpose
Christ-centered leaders have the incredible opportunity to impact the world in the way they live out their faith in their work. Here are a couple of the stories that will be featured about people who are living out their Grander Visions:
- The remarkable story of a refugee who became a doctor
- A judge fighting for the future of people searching for hope
Don’t Miss The Global Leadership Summit, Aug. 9-10, 2018
Make plans today to attend at one of the hundreds of Premier Host Sites across the U.S., and come prepared for two days of learning, inspiration and impact!
We welcome and encourage comments on this site. There may be some instances where comments will need to be edited or removed, such as:
- Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional in nature
- Comments not relevant to the topic
- Comments containing profane, offensive, or abusive language
- Anonymous comments
If you have any questions on the commenting policy, please let us know at email@example.com
Equip, encourage & inspire global leaders with a gift today
When you give to The Global Leadership Development Fund, your gift inspires and equips Christian leaders, facilitating transformation in some of the world’s most challenging environments.